Good evening, Ohio. We close the day for you with the most important stories you need to know and your forecast for the weather.
Your weather planner
The lows are hitting the 40s tonight. It’s been about 6 months since it’s been this cool. The peaks will be below average again on Friday in the 1960s. Most of the day it will be sunny, but later the clouds will increase.
Cleveland | Columbus | Cincinnati | Dayton | Toledo
Today’s big stories
1. Browns, Steelers Rivalry Celebrated in Houses Divided on Matchdays
Marc Gatzulis is rooted in the Browns and his wife Lynne is a lifelong Steelers fan. They often mix brown, orange, black and yellow merchandise around the house on match day.
2. More than 1 million Teslas recalled because windows can pinch fingers
Tesla is recalling nearly 1.1 million vehicles in the US because the windows could pinch someone’s fingers when rolled up. Tesla says in documents posted Thursday by U.S. safety agencies that the automatic window reversing system may not respond correctly after detecting an obstruction.
3. Two men charged with flying drones over professional sporting events
Two Cincinnati-area men were charged with federal crimes after allegedly illegally flying drones over professional sporting events in Cincinnati. A federal grand jury charged the men with separate incidents involving the Cincinnati Bengals and Cincinnati Reds.
4. Unemployed Claims Rise Slightly to 213K
The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits rose slightly last week, with the Federal Reserve pushing hard to cool the economy and curb inflation. Jobless claims for the week ending Sept. 17 rose by 5,000 to 213,000, the Labor Department reported Thursday.
5. Trump: Presidents can declassify files by ‘thinking about it’
Donald Trump claimed in an interview Wednesday night that presidents can release documents without any written or oral statement. Trump has publicly claimed that he released the documents, although his lawyers have been reluctant to advance that argument in court files and hearings.
Your notes for tomorrow
Friday Sept 23.
- First Couple receives Elton John for a musical performance at the White House.
- Ukraine’s Donetsk and Luhank regions hold referendums on accession to Russia.
- Roger Federer plays his last professional tennis match at the Laver Cup in the United Kingdom.
- Former President Donald Trump addresses a rally in North Carolina.
- Autumn Equinox – first day of autumn.
- The iHeartRadio music festival kicks off in Las Vegas.
- 90th anniversary of Saudi Arabia founded.
- Bi Visibility Day.