If you’re looking to brighten up your social media presence, knowing how to add music to an Instagram story will do just that.
Indeed, adding music to an Instagram story is a simple way to make your posts more personal and hopefully get more attention, and it’s really easy whether you choose to do it on a smartphone. or a tablet like the iPhone 14 or the Galaxy Tab S8.
All it takes is a few clicks in the Instagram app, and you can even include the song’s lyrics in your post. Instagram has its own library brimming with tunes, with pretty much everything you could want at your fingertips.
Want to know how to add music to an Instagram story? Our guide below has everything you need to know.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story
Adding music to an Instagram story on iOS or Android is easy using the app. The screenshots below were taken on the Android app, although the layout is exactly the same on iOS.
1. Open the Instagram app then tap the plus icon to create a new message, then press STORY to create a story.
2. Create a story by to take a picture Where record a video as you usually would. Once you have finished, tap the sticker icon top right.
3. In the stickers menu, tap the music sticker.
4. Tap Search Music up then enter song or artist you want to search. Once your song appears, tap it to add it to your story.
5. A 15 second clip of your chosen song has now been added to your story. To select another part of the song, use the slider to find the part you want.
You can also toggle on-screen options to change how the lyrics appear (if applicable) or you can turn off the lyrics and only show the artist and song name instead.
Once you are happy with your selection, tap Done to post your story.
And that’s all there is to it. Your Instagram Stories will now be the talk of the internet. Don’t forget us when you get famous, okay?
Now you know how to add music to an Instagram story, find out how to post on Instagram from PC or Mac, how to save photos from Instagram, or how to change or reset your Instagram password. If you want to improve your knowledge as a power user on other apps, start with our guide on how to use Spotify equalizer on iOS and Android, how to make Spotify louder and how to turn off read receipts on WhatsApp.